A kiss from Mother Nature, citrus juicer, fresh lemons and oranges, fresh squeezed orange juice, Goodness from the Lord, lemon juice, Natural Vitamin C from fresh oranges, organic fresh squeezed orange and lemon juice
What says ‘a giant kiss from mother nature’ better than a glass of fresh squeezed orange juice from your very own orange tree? I can’t think of a thing! It’s like getting an injection of 100% vitamin C! I’ve lived in this house for 15 years now and the old orange and lemon trees in the back yard have been faithful and abundant. Sadly, each year we end up wasting a lot of fruit because there is just too much to use. This year I wised up and started squeezing them for fresh juice – M-m-m, it’s so sweet and healthy. It makes me not want to get store bought ever again! I’m sure we will not be wasting anymore oranges, but the lemon tree could be a challenge, there truly are soooooooooo many, and it’s hard to keep up. Being that I only have a small hand-held device to squeeze them with, you can imagine how it takes me quite a bit of time to squeeze them. I’ll get a citrus juicer one day…I just know I will! 🙂 Why didn’t I juice them in the past? What was I thinking…or NOT thinking!?
By making my own freshly squeezed orange juice I can ensure that what I am drinking is safe and each cup is full of health. Here are a few benefits:
- One glass of fresh orange juice provides the recommended daily dosage of Vitamin C.
- Studies show that it can protect against cancer and heart disease and improve the way your immune system responds to attacks. Is it any wonder?
- The various phytonutrients and flavonoids to be found in freshly squeezed orange juice can help to protect against various degenerative diseases. Thank you GOD for your goodness!
- There are enough flavonoids in fresh orange juice to help lower blood pressure and bad cholesterol levels. Now ‘that’s‘ medicine!
- In addition to being high in antioxidants, fresh orange juice contains large amounts of dietary fiber, folate & thiamine.
- By drinking fresh orange juice you can reduce how much damage free radicals are doing to the cellular structure of your body. Sign me up!
When it comes to juicing the lemons, I like to squeeze the juice into ice trays. Then, when the cubes are frozen, I empty them into small freezer bags and store for future use. This really is a neat idea because when I am cooking or need lemon juice, I simply pull however much I need right out of the freezer! Simple, pure, organic and free from Mother Nature. Lemons, like oranges, contain a variety of phytochemicals. They’re also a good source of B-Complex vitamins such as pantothenic acid, pyridoxine, and folate; these vitamins are essential to the body. Lemons also contain a healthy amount of minerals like iron, copper, potassium, and calcium. We all know how important Potassium is and how it helps control heart rate and blood pressure. Read up on this amazing citrus fruit…you may learn something about it that you never knew before and you just may start incorporating them into your diet more.
This past week I have been fighting a cold and flu and this orange juice came in handy and nursed me back to health (I can’t wait to get back to our 2 mile walks each day!) Today I squeezed 20 oranges, and took pictures so you can see just how much juice that exactly makes.
I pour it through a strainer when I’m done and then instead of throwing the pulp away, I add it to my glass and drink it- I like pulp. Basically, it takes a lot of oranges to make a small amount of juice. This is why I say I am sure that we will never waste another orange again. They are worth too much to me now – I’m addicted! When I have my Bed & Breakfast one day, I will surely serve fresh squeezed orange juice! Ahhh…ME-gan living…it truly is ‘living’ at its best!
I think I’m going to plant a grapefruit tree this year, I love them too! Oooh…I can’t wait!
Vitamin C love to you!