I used to think soups needed chicken, sausage, meat or meatballs…it’s just not true! Vegetable soups and stews are so flavorful and healthy. Why clog your arteries when there’s just no need! Life is short…eat well, live long!
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 cups chopped green cabbage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup diced red potato
- 1 tsp. caraway seeds
- 1 cup water
- 2 (14 1/2 oz.) cans vegetable broth (check ingredients to ensure gluten free)
- 1 cup drained canned cannellini beans or other white beans
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh parsley
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh or 1/2 tsp. dried dill.
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium high heat. Add cabbage and next 5 ingredients; sauté 2 minutes. Add water and vegetable broth; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes. Add remaining ingredients, and cook until thoroughly heated.